If you are working in Social Care within Cardiff or The Vale then you are entitled to free training to help develop your skillset and knowledge base.
Cardiff and The Vale training portals
Some examples of the types of free training available include:
- Dementia awareness training,
- Social Services & Well-being (ACT) – Training my Organisation,
- Introduction to Safeguarding Children (Full day),
- Basic Foot Care,
- Emergency First Aid at Work.
Social Care Induction Course
Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan Councils are working in partnership with Cardiff and Vale College to deliver a bespoke course designed to provide workers, who are new to the care sector, with a ‘standardised’ or ‘common’ understanding of care practice and legislation.
The Programme aims to meet the knowledge elements of the learning objectives identified within the Social Care Induction Framework whilst embedding the Social Services and Well Being Act.
The Programme is mapped to both the Level 2 Award in Social Care Induction (Wales) and the Health and Social Care level 2 Diploma.
Attendees who attend the whole programme will be offered the opportunity to undertake the City and Guilds Level 2 Award in Social Care Induction (Wales). What this will involve:
- The learner will need to complete 5 units (7credits)
- Each of the units will have an assignment
- Learners will be given an appointment time to attend the College approximately 2 weeks after programme completion to meet with their tutor, discuss, plan and submit any completed assignments for assessment.
- They will then be given another appointment to attend College to submit their completed portfolio and receive feedback.
Regardless of whether attendees undertake the City and Guilds Award, each candidate is provided with a portfolio which contains a progress log for learners to take into their workplace where managers and mentors can confirm competency. The portfolio also contains a link to Workbooks that cover the ‘Knowledge’ criteria within the QCF level 2 Diploma.
Learners are encouraged to use their portfolio as a working tool, which they update regularly with workplace policy and legislative changes. They are also encouraged to undertake the QCF Diploma once they have completed the full induction framework.
Please return the course booking form to:
|Joanne Gillies / Karen Lodge, Cardiff and Vale College, Colcot Road, Barry, CF62 8YJ|
|Tel No: 01446 725004 – Email: WaterfrontEnquiries@cavc.ac.uk|